Vistara launches flights to Guwahati & Bagdogra

Vistara has started flights to eastern and north-eastern parts of India, with an intention to operate daily flights on the Delhi-Guwahati-Bagdogra-Delhi route.
“We’ve had lots of customers asking us to fly to the Eastern India over the past month, so we’re delighted to launch this new route in response to the customer demand. The addition of this route reaffirms our commitment to promote regional connectivity in India, and contribute to the government’s efforts to boost trade and opening up development avenues for people in these regions,” said Phee Teik Yeoh, CEO, Vistara.
Flying to far-flung areas is critical for Vistara as the full-service airline run by Tata SIA Airlines is looking at flying to international cities in the next two years. Reuters recently reported that Vistara has plans to expand its fleet size and start flying to overseas destinations within two years, citing its chief executive officer.
Vistara is a joint venture between Tata Sons and Singapore Airlines (SIA) with Tata Sons holding the majority stake of 51 percent in the company and SIA holding the remaining 49 percent. Vistara now flies from Delhi to six destinations Mumbai, Ahmedabad, Goa, Hyderabad, Guwahati and Bagdogra. It will soon commence flights to Pune. With five aircraft already in operations, Vistara’s fleet will grow to six this month and nine by the end of this year.